Trade associations are great sources of information on industries. In addition, Cornell subscribes to a number of resources that provide in-depth reports on industries.
- Standard & Poor's Industry Surveys, available via NetAdvantage, provide extensive reports on major U.S. industries. These reports are written by S&P analysts and are updated quarterly.
- IBISworld has more than 700 reports on U.S. industries.
- Business & Company Resource Center provides electronic access to the Encyclopedia of American Industries, Encyclopedia of Emerging Industries, and Encyclopedia of Global Industries.
- ProQuest has access to First Research reports which cover hundreds of industries.
- Thomson One Banker provides full-text analyst reports for industries.
- The U.S. Census Bureau publishes Industry Series, a collection of statistical reports on selected industries, as part of their Economic Census.