Please try these steps in order to troubleshoot the most common technical problems people encounter:
- Clear your browser's cache. This often helps address many technical problems.
- If clearing the cache doesn't work, try accessing a few different databases. This will determine if the problem is database specific or not. If it is database specific, please email us so we can address the issue with the vendor.
- If you cannot access multiple databases, try using different web browsers. For example, if you are using Chrome try IE, Firefox, or Safari. This will help narrow down possible reasons for access issues.
- If your computer is behind a firewall, you may have trouble accessing library databases. One option for accessing from off-campus is to use a secure virtual private network (VPN) provided by CIT. Most firewalls will allow VPN traffic.
- If the above steps do not help with access, please fill out a Technical Problem Report Form. This form lets you describe the problems you've encountered, and is then sent to the Library's staff. Please include as much detail as you can and note if you have specific plug-ins such as Zotero or Passkey.