This depends on the type of data you are trying to retrieve.
- Equity and Equity Index data is available in Eikon (available on-campus only) and Yahoo! Finance. Eikon also contains historical, downloadable data on commodities, currencies, country funds, macroeconomic data, and more for countries worldwide.
- Historical corporate financial statement data is available in many databases. Mergent Online provides financial statements for U.S. and international businesses. Worldscope and Compustat (available via WRDS) provide company financials (must be used in the library).
- Demographic or business census data is largely available at the U.S. Census web site.
- Economic statistics can be downloaded from CEIC, Eikon, International Financial Statistics Online and a number of other databases. Ask us for the one that will work best with your needs.
- Market research data can be gathered in spreadsheet format from SimplyAnalytics.