Trade associations are great sources of information on industries. In addition, Cornell subscribes to a number of resources that provide in-depth reports on industries.
- Standard & Poor's Industry Surveys, available via Capital IQ, provide extensive reports on major U.S. industries.
- IBISworld covers more than 700 U.S. industries, Chinese industries, and emerging niche industries.
- ProQuest has access to First Research and Business Monitor International reports which cover hundreds of industries.
- Mergent Online (via the Investext tab) provides full-text analyst reports for industries.
- The U.S. Census Bureau publishes statistics via their Industry Series Portal.