Use of Materials Off-Campus
Cornell alumni have access to a selection of business research resources. You may need to set up your Alumni NetID to access these databases. If you don't have your Cornell alumni NetID and activation code, please call (607) 254-2288, Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST to have your activation code issued.
- Business Source: Alumni Edition has a business and management focus and includes industry reports, global and country reports, and trade publications.
- CareerBeam is an all-in-one job search resource for current Cornell students and alumni. Questionnaires help your determine what you want in a career. A resume builder helps you organize your experience and skills. It also contains up-to-date reports on more than 700 industries and a directory of thousands of companies.
- Hospitality & Tourism Index™ (HTI) contains scholarly research and industry news relating to all areas of hospitality and tourism.
- Mergent Archives lets you access a vast archive of corporate annual reports and Moody's manuals.
- Sports Market Analytics contains news and market research covering sporting goods equipment, industry issues such as finance, licensing, marketing, sponsorship, broadcasting, and ratings. Alumni account access cannot be shared.
In addition to the business resources listed above, Cornell alumni also have access to:
- JSTOR for Alumni includes full-text content of more than 1,300 academic journals, and thousands of primary sources.
- Morgan & Claypool Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science lectures and books on artificial intelligence, communication networks, electrical engineering, and life sciences.
- Sage Journals and Sage Knowledge which provide journals and reference works.
- Hein Online for legal research.
- Other library licensed resources for alumni covering fashion, mathematics, academic areas of research, and archives.
- Free resources: Government, NGO, and industry association websites often contain valuable business information. We have included a few key resources on our website and we would be happy to provide additional suggestions that may address specific alumni questions.
- Library guides: Topical guides like our Building Better Business Plans for Alumni are great for finding resources.
Use of Materials Within the Library
Cornell alumni have on-site access to most library resources. Some exceptions apply including, but not limited to: Capital IQ, Eikon, Mintel, SDC, and Wharton Research Data Service (WRDS). Ask us for more information.
Research Assistance and Consultations
We will provide business research consultations in-person, by e-mail or phone (607-255-3389) during research hours to assist you with career research and help you locate business resources available in your area.
Cornell alumni are encouraged to explore electronic collections of business resources offered by a local public library. It has become increasingly common for public libraries to offer remote access to databases like Business Source Complete, Hoover's, and Factiva. For your convenience, we've included links to some of popular business database collections offered through public libraries:
- Boston Public Library's Business Resources
- Chicago Public Library's Business Resources
- Los Angeles Public Library's Databases
- New York Public Library's Science Industry and Business Library (SIBL)
Alumni are welcome to attend any library workshop sessions conducted in Ithaca. Contact us if you have any questions.