Most company databases will provide financials, history, ownership, transactions, recent news, and similar information for companies. Company profiles, SWOTs, and analyst reports are available via several sources. These reports can be helpful when interviewing and for valuation assignments.
A few top starting points for company profiles and SWOTS include:
- Business Source Complete - Select SWOT Analyses from the source type
- ABI/INFORM - Do an Advanced Search by company name, date range, and keyword (e.g. SWOT).
A few top starting points for analyst reports include:
- Factiva - Navigate to Companies/Markets > Companies. Search for your firm and view the latest 3 analyst reports in the Analysis and Profiles section.
- Barclays Capital is available on a dedicated terminal at the Management Library.
- Nexis Uni - Use the Guided Search for Company. Enter your company name in the search box and select Analyst Reports from the drop-down menu.
- Refinitiv (LSEG) Workspace has equity analyst reports and company profiles. There are a limited number of accounts to access these reports. Contact us if you have any questions.
For historical company profiles, The International Directory of Company Histories provides lengthy histories on U.S. and international companies as well.